Adoptions Unlimited Inc.
Adoptions Unlimited, Inc. (AUI) is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization. Our goal is to find and support adoptive families for children who need permanent homes. We believe "Every Child Deserves a Loving Family."
AUI currently operates five programs:
- In partnership with the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS), we administer the Adoption Information Center of Illinois (AICI).
- In partnership the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS), we administer the Recruitment and Kin Connection Project (RKCP), a five-year cooperative agreement between DCFS and the Children's Bureau of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- In partnership with the Adoption Exchange Association, we serve as the Recruitment Response Team for Illinois families who inquire about adoption and foster care as a result of the national campaign conducted by the Children's Bureau's Collaboration to AdoptUSKids.
- In partnership with Spaulding for Children, we serve as the administrator for the Infant Adoption Awareness Training Program in Illinois. This program trains healthcare providers and other professionals to present adoption as an option to women and teens with unplanned pregnancies in an objective, non-directive way. Click here to register for the training.
- In partnership with a group of dedicated volunteers, the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services, and the Office of Illinois Governor Pat Quinn, we administer the Heart Gallery of Illinois.